|IN ORDER TO PROVIDE REMOTE TRAINING, DPI MUST COMPLY WITH THE GUIDANCE SET FORTH BY DODD RULE.
- Students must be visible at all times during presentation. This includes face, and upper body from the desktop and above.
- Students with technical difficulties will not be considered in attendance during that electronic absence. If technical difficulties persist more than 15 minutes, student will not be permitted back into class.
- Students must be able to see the trainer, materials and demonstrations.
- Students must be able to see and hear one another.
- Evaluations must be completed and submitted in order to receive certification.
||Students should check in 10 minutes prior to class to alleviate technical problems.
||Students will verify their identification by sharing personal information (e.g., street name, month/day of their birth, etc) in the private chat.
||Students who do not log-in for the duration of the training will be considered a no-show and charged the regular rate of the training. Training will need to be rescheduled.
||Initial training requires skills checks, evaluation, and a written test which must be completed in person. This will be scheduled during the registration process.
|Renewal training requires class participation, completion of skills checklist and evaluation.
- Skills checks may be done by a Manager who has the appropriate certification. If completed by a manager, the name must be identified during the scheduling process.
- Renewal skill checks can also be checked at the DPI office at no cost. Secure a spot during the scheduling process.
||Agency will be notified if
- Student does not show
- Student experiences technical problems for more than 15 minutes
- Student does not successfully complete the training
|FOR BEST VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE
- Check-in early to alleviate technical problems.
- Have print materials available.
- Raise your hand or use chat box for questions.
- Keep cameras engaged at all times.
- Keep microphone on mute unless directed by trainer.
- No cell phones permitted. Student must use a computer or tablet per DODD rule.
- No recording of training permitted.
|CLASS MATERIALS –
||Certification 1, 2, and 3 – Initial and Renewal
|SUBMISSION OF MATERIALS
- Completed skills checklist and evaluation can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (614) 505-6974.
- DPI must have all materials within 2 weeks following class. After that time, the class is considered closed, and student will need to be rescheduled.
|As we continue to experience remote learning, policies are subject to change.